[Gluster-users] Increased performance for small files with debug/trace translator?

Barry Jaspan barry.jaspan at acquia.com
Tue Aug 3 20:31:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Jeff Darcy <jdarcy at redhat.com> wrote:

> It turns out that
> when the trace translator is enabled in the client volfile, it becomes
> the lowest and thus the one that's mounted . . .

Is this considered a bug? I thought the trace translator was supposed to be
enableable at any level of the translator stack, including multiple levels,
so you could debug calls across any translator.

Barry

> but it goes straight to
> server01 bypassing (among other things) mirror-0.  In most cases this
> would result in a "dangling volume" error, but there's a bit of a bug in
> that the only real dangling volume is iocache and that particular
> translator - unlike most - doesn't produce a warning.

Barry Jaspan
Senior Architect | Acquia <http://acquia.com>
barry.jaspan at acquia.com | (c) 617.905.2208 | (w) 978.296.5231

"Get a free, hosted Drupal 7 site: http://www.drupalgardens.com"