[Gluster-users] upgrade 2.0.2 to 2.0.9?

Todd Pfaff pfaff at mcmaster.ca
Sun Apr 18 18:23:58 UTC 2010

Robert,

See below.  I don't know if this will solve your problem, but I don't
think it can hurt either.  I recall that I had to do this for at least
one of my prior gluster upgrades.  It may be that this "sanitize" script
should be run for any gluster major or minor version upgrade?  I would
hope that if that were the case then this would be clearly documented
somewhere, but I haven't found such documentation.

This is an excerpt from an old message from Vikas Gorur:

> There have been some changes in the way replicate stores extended
> attributes on the backend from 1.3 to 2.0. To migrate, I recommend:
>
> 1) Stop GlusterFS 1.3
>
> 2) Run the script backend-xattr-sanitize.sh (found in the extras/ directory
> of the source tarball) on both your backend directories.
> 3) Start GlusterFS 2.0

I hope this helps.

Todd