[Gluster-users] 2.0.2 to 2.0.9, now missing files/directories?

Robert Minvielle robert at lite3d.com
Sun Apr 18 13:57:08 UTC 2010

I have two glusters, a production and test gluster. A while back, I upgraded the
test gluster from 2.0.2 to 2.0.9 with no problems. Both glusters are running gentoo,
same version, same kernel. The client saw all of the files, everything worked.

Over this weekend I upgraded the main production gluster, as we are trying to get some
more speed and I was told by the gluster team some time ago to try out 2.0.9 to cure
a few problems. I did the same exact upgrade that I did on the test gluster.
Now that I am done, I can mount it fine and I get no errors in the logs, however,
most (e.g. 85%) of my files are missing, or I get a "cannot access /data/blah/blah no
such file or directory". The files exist on the server in the exported directory,
but the client does not see some of them. I recall there was something I had to do
to fix this perhaps... I can not recall what it is.

Anyone have any ideas? (other than shutting down work tomorrow, ugh)