[Gluster-users] Lustre vs. Gluster performance testing - was RE: other cluster fs-- was - No space left on device (when there is actually lots of free space)

Burnash, James jburnash at knight.com
Fri Apr 9 14:39:15 UTC 2010

Yes, after reading, that was largely my take as well. I didn't come away from it with a good understanding of:

1) Was the same hardware configuration used for both the Lustre and Gluster tests? (it looks like yes, but it's not explicitly stated

2) No configuration files were provided, nor were generalities like whether distributed or mirrored configurations were used.

3) The test was on what are by now ancient versions of both platforms, so I'm pretty sure that all those metrics would be different by now.

I'm organizing my test metrics now, and will answer with my tests the questions I've given above.

I'm also open to suggestions for certain test scenarios, with the caveat that my time is quite limited and the fact that I only have 7 clients and 6 bricks to test on.

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please immediately notify me and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
NOTICE REGARDING PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY Knight Capital Group may, at its discretion, monitor and review the content of all e-mail communications. http://www.knight.com