[Gluster-users] distribute translator doubles the reading time

Chris Jin chris at pikicentral.com
Thu Apr 8 02:00:48 UTC 2010

Hi, I just did an experiment on a distribute replicate structure.

And I found that, when I removed the distribute volume, the time for
each reading request is about half of the original.

And when I mounted the three replicate volumes to three folders, and
created symbolic links to these three links in another folder to
simulate distribute volume. The time it took was even less.

I thought, if distribute volume uses hash to locate files, it won't take
so long time. Could someone help me with this problem?