[Gluster-users] About read-subvolume

Chris Jin chris at pikicentral.com
Wed Apr 7 23:55:47 UTC 2010

Hi, I got a question about read-subvolume.

Actually I want to do an replicate translator across two servers, but
only read from the local server using read-subvolume option. I turned
off self-healing because I want to do self-healing manually. When I
limited the bandwidth between the client and the other server, the
reading was really slow, but what I expected is the client only contacts
the local server.

After searching on the internet, I found that we must suffer the latency
of checking the metadata on both servers, even when we only need to read
from one server.

So my question is if there is a way to stop checking the metadata on
both servers when reading only one server.