[Gluster-users] No space left on device (when there is actually lots of free space)

Krzysztof Strasburger strasbur at chkw386.ch.pwr.wroc.pl
Tue Apr 6 08:32:32 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 02:51:49PM +0800, Kali Hernandez wrote:

> So basically this means no solution is really good as for glusterfs 3.0?
As for now, there is (probably) not. IMHO it would be useful to add an
option to DHT, to use load balancing approach instead of hash function.
Combined with no-hashed-lookup, this would effectively restore the
functionality of unify, at a cost of stat'ing each filesystem before file
creation. I understand that this approach does not scale, but the additional
cost is acceptable for a small number of subvolumes.

> To me, this makes the whole glusterfs totally useless, as I will
> randomly get no free space errors even if there is space, so what's the
> point on it?
>
> Does the Unify translator work properly in 2.0.x?
Seems to work, I'm using it ;).
Krzysztof