[Gluster-users] unfs3

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Apr 1 15:21:35 UTC 2010

> On 04/01/2010 04:22 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>
>> I know unfs isn't related to glusterfs; I just asked here, because it's
>> been the subject, or at least in, several threads.
>>
>> What more do you need to know, other than what I've got, above? From my
>> system, I issue
>> mount<servername>:/export/gluster /mnt
>> On my side, I get
>> mount:<servername>:/export/gluster failed, reason given by server:
>> Permission denied
>>> From /var/log/messages on the server side, I getApr  1 10:19:19 hive
>> mountd[23214]: authenticated mount request from<my IP>  for
>> /export/gluster (/export/gluster)
>> Apr  1 10:19:19<servername>  mountd[23214]: Cannot export
>> /export/gluster,
>> possibly unsupported filesystem or fsid= required
>>
>> Is this something I need to do on the server, or do I need something
>> else on my side?
>
> It is generally considered bad form to respond to members directly ; in
> the future, please send your replies to the mailing list.

Apologized offline. Dislike mailing lists configured to reply to anything
other than the list by default....

> carefully :
>
>  > Apr  1 10:19:19<servername>  mountd[23214]: Cannot export
> /export/gluster, possibly unsupported filesystem or fsid= required
>
> Does /export/gluster exist on the server ?  Is it mounted ?  What sort
> of filesystem is it ?

Yes. The server is a client, which has the glusterfs mounted there.

> (I am assuming that when you say "my side", you mean the client...)

<my server> trying to mount <server/client> which has <glusterfs mounted
from its nodes (it happens to be a head node for a cluster)>

         mark