[Gluster-users] Slow unfs3 + booster

Justice London jlondon at lawinfo.com
Fri Sep 18 16:02:35 UTC 2009

I have tried both the 2.0.6 and 2.0.7rc3 releases. I also tried the git
repo version but there is some sort of an issue with lockups with it
right now so I'm just using the release version.

I am not modifying the wsize version on this particular mount as
unfortunately the way the server works does not allow to set options. I
don't expect it to run as fast as possible like that, but still it
should get more than Kilobytes/sec... megs or more are what I expect to
see.

The servers are currently at the default slot entry numbers. I tried
increasing them to 128, which is what the NFS optimization guides out
there recommend and it only very slightly helps with the write speed.

I do have write-behind enabled. I just tried to disable it and see if
that made any difference. It went from ~600KB/sec write speed to
~800KB/sec.

Justice London
jlondon at lawinfo.com