[Gluster-users] problem with booster when multiple volumes are exported per node

Wei Dong wdong.pku at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 02:43:58 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I'm experiencing a problem of booster when the server side nodes have
more than one volumes exported.  The symptom is that when I run "ls
MOUNT_POINT" with booster, I get something like the following:

ls: closing directory MOUNT_POINT: File descriptor in bad state.

The server configuration file is the following:

volume posix0
type storage/posix
option directory /state/partition1/gluster
end-volume

volume lock0
type features/locks
subvolumes posix0
end-volume

volume brick0
type performance/io-threads
option thread-count 2
subvolumes lock0
end-volume

volume posix1
type storage/posix
option directory /state/partition2/gluster
end-volume

volume lock1
type features/locks
subvolumes posix1
end-volume

volume brick1
type performance/io-threads
option thread-count 2
subvolumes lock1
end-volume

volume server
type protocol/server
option transport-type tcp
option transport.socket.listen-port 7001
option auth.addr.brick0.allow 192.168.99.*
option auth.addr.brick1.allow 192.168.99.*
subvolumes brick0 brick1
end-volume

On the client side, the bricks on the same server are imported separately.

The problem only appears when I use booster.  Nothing seems to go wrong
when I mount GlusterFS.  Also everything is find if I only export one
brick from each server.  There's also no warning or errors in the log
file in all cases.

Any one has some idea on what's happening?

- Wei