[Gluster-users] booster

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Sun Sep 13 11:12:28 UTC 2009

Hello all,

we would like to try a simple booster configuration. Reading the docs we found
this:

(http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Booster_Configuration_Reference_Page)

"Still, applications that need to use the old approach, can do so by simply
mounting GlusterFS and pointing the application to perform its file system
operations over that mount point. In order to utilize the mount-point bypass
approach, booster will have to be LD_PRELOAD'ed using the instructions below
but without requiring the booster configuration file or setting the
environment variables. "

Does that mean if we provide a classical gluster mount over
e.g. /mnt/glusterfs we do not have to specify any GLUSTERFS_BOOSTER_FSTAB in
env at all to redirect fs action on /mnt/glusterfs ? Of course we tried but
were unsuccessful besides some core dumps (no matter if booster config file
provided or not).

We only tried to run some bash scripts with preloaded booster...

Stephan