[Gluster-users] very low file creation rate with glusterfs -- result updates

Wei Dong wdong.pku at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 14:06:54 UTC 2009

By using booster, I actually avoid being root on the client side.  It
would be perfect if the servers can also be run by regular users, even
if that means that some features have to be deleted.  Can someone
explain a little bit why the server side must be run by root?

I know that I should not ask for too much when the robustness of the
current codebase is the most import issue at the time.  I just want to
hear a story about that and maybe hack the code myself.

- Wei