[Gluster-users] replication problem

Jeff Evans jeffe at tricab.com
Tue Sep 1 13:25:44 UTC 2009

Hi,

> But what about if the file is a big image file of xen or kvm

I run replicate across two nodes, upon which I host xen images.
I often reboot one of the nodes while the xen machines are running.

I live migrate the VM's to the node that is staying up, then back
again when the reboot is complete.

When migrating back, gluster re-syncs the image no problems.

The re-sync does cause a xen migration or a xen create to take longer,
of course, but it all works as expected.

Self-healing works fine, just as long as you never access the
underlying FS directly.

Jeff.