[Gluster-users] DRBD like performance?

Jeffery Soo js at realtechtalk.com
Sun Nov 29 09:30:08 UTC 2009

I had the intention of using GlusterFS to replace DRBD to setup a
clustered/redundant webserver but so far the performance is about 7-8x
slower than native due to the live writing feature that GlusterFS uses.
Is it possible to have a setup like DRBD to improve performance?

Basically I want to know if I can get the same functionality and
performance of DRBD?  I have 2 servers and with DRBD each server would
perform all reads locally (giving native performance) and does not write
data until it is fully written locally (delayed write I guess you could
say).  This way you get the replication but still get native performance.

Is there a current way to setup GlusterFS like this in order to get this
'DRBD-like' functionality?