[Gluster-users] adding bricks

Raghavendra G raghavendra at gluster.com
Thu Nov 19 17:17:26 UTC 2009

Hi Thomas,

If you are creating files in the directories existing at the time of adding a brick, the new brick is not considered for distribution, since the layout of distribution of files in those directories has already been constructed (and stored in the directories using extended attributes) and layout is freshly constructed during directory creation. Only the directories created after you add a brick will include the new brick (along with existing bricks) in the layout and hence only these directories can have files distributed on the new brick.

regards,