[Gluster-users] adding bricks

Amar Tumballi amar at gluster.com
Thu Nov 19 17:12:36 UTC 2009

> What's the best way to add bricks, and get distribute to use them?  I
> added 2 more bricks, and the total size increased for the filesystem,
> but i can't get any traffic on the new disks.  I remounted the
> filesystem, and ran an ls -Rl , but i still don't see any traffic to
> the disks.  I do see that the file tree was created on the new disks.

Currently there is no 'hot' add feature which will take care of the
addition of new bricks. To achieve the proper distribution, you need
to force 'distribute' self heal by removing the extended attribute on
the directories.

Try running this:

bash# find /mnt/glusterfs -type d -exec setfattr -x trusted.glusterfs.dht {} \;

(Note that this works for versions 2.0.8 or higher).