[Gluster-users] File deletion issue

Paras Fadte plfgoa at gmail.com
Fri May 29 04:19:04 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am having some strange problem with glusterfs , to explain it below
is what the setup looks like:

2 machines( A1, A2) running glusterfsd (server)

A1 = 192.168.1.4
A2 = 192.168.1.5

1 machine(B) running glusterfs (client) on which glusterfs file system
is mounted (/mnt/glusterfs)

B = 192.168.1.3

Data on glusterfs servers stored in /data/export directory.

Following are the server and client volume files

Server Volume file
----------------------------

volume posix
  type storage/posix
  option directory /data/export
end-volume

volume locks
  type features/locks
  subvolumes posix
end-volume

volume brick
  type performance/io-threads
  option thread-count 8
  subvolumes locks
end-volume

volume server
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type tcp
  option auth.addr.brick.allow 192.168.1.*
  subvolumes brick
end-volume

Client Volume File
---------------------------

### Add client feature and attach to remote subvolume of server1
volume brick1
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp/client
 option remote-host 192.168.1.4    # IP address of the remote brick
 option remote-subvolume brick        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

### Add client feature and attach to remote subvolume of server2
volume brick2
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp/client
 option remote-host 192.168.1.5      # IP address of the remote brick
 option remote-subvolume brick        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

#The replicated volume with data
volume afr1
 type cluster/replicate
 subvolumes brick1 brick2
end-volume

The issue is when I delete a file from  /data/export from machine A1
it gets deleted from /mnt/glusterfs on Machine B but remains on
machine A2. If I specify A2's IP first in client volume file then
deleting a file from /data/export on A2 deletes file from
/mnt/glusterfs on Machine B but not from Machine A1. Is this behavior
correct ? What could be the issue in this case ?

Thank you in advance.

-Paras