[Gluster-users] About FileSystem

Vahriç Muhtaryan vahric at doruk.net.tr
Fri May 22 14:46:10 UTC 2009

Hello To All,

I'm interesting with glusterfs. Something I do not understand. Docs said
that glusterfs do not need to fsck but I'm not sure.

if I understood correctly,  I'm sharing related servers related directories
for example

Server 1 : /home/disk_space_1 à which is limited with server disk space
where disk_space_1 folder reside and this folder is on node file system
which is xfs, ext3, or another

Server 2: /home/disk_space_1 à which is limited with server disk space where
disk_space_1 folder reside and this folder is on node file system which is
xfs, ext3, or another

This means always file check will be happen because bit of glusterfs system
on Server 1 and , alwyas fsck could be possible ?

Second I understood that glusterfs on servers file systems and because of
this capacity is Server1 + Server 2 + Server n , am I right ?

İs there any way to support iscsi ?

Looks like NFS is supported but NFSv3 and CIFS will be supported next
release does it means without samba glusterfs will support CIFS easyly ?

Thanks & Regards

Vahric