[Gluster-users] Strange issues with du and df

Steve steeeeeveee at gmx.net
Tue Mar 31 13:25:21 UTC 2009

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:26:00 +0300
> Von: Stas Oskin <stas.oskin at gmail.com>
> An: gluster-users <gluster-users at gluster.org>
> Betreff: Re: [Gluster-users] Strange issues with du and df

> Hi.
> Ok, df was incorrect because one of servers went into <defunct> (zombie)
> state, and df waits until the software done writing or releases writing
> handles.
>
> I'm giving GlusterFS a 3rd try, but these issues are very critical:
>
> 1) 0 size files

Welcome to the club.

> 2) AFR losts some of the files - after a day of running there is a
> mismatch
> between the one server and the second one

Do you mean that you loose the whole file or just the content of the file?
Somehow lately the whole AFR functionality is borked for me. I tried to reduce everything to the minimum (no performance translators or anything other not needed) and still I am loosing data. Restarting server and client can lead to total loss of content for some files in my case.

> 3) Possible memory leak

Could you provide valgrind dumps showing where the leaks are occurring?