[Gluster-users] Storage Cluster Question

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Mon Jun 29 15:52:49 UTC 2009

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Francisco Cabrita wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to get a large storage system up and running.
> The thing is I don't know if Glusterfs is the right option here. So I need
> your help/experience choosing the right path.
>
> For storage I have just one server with almost 2Tb free. I can link to
> clients via Gb or phyber channel.
> Then I have two servers running Xen VM's. Each virtual machine is a raw
> image file with almost 12Gb.

So are you planing on using GlusterFS to store xen image files?

> Running GlusterFS in (NFS Like storage Server), is the right solution for
> me? Do I need to consider another solution.

If you need general file storage on Dom0 or DomUs, I think Gluster is a
great option. However if your looking to store xen image files, I think
you need to keep looking.

We run DRBD between pairs servers in 4 TB primary / primary for xen image
files and then one 12T Gluster across all servers for general file
storage.

><>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com