[Gluster-users] Need a quick answer on "Distributed Replicated Storage" questions

Anand Babu ab at gluster.com
Thu Jun 18 08:36:18 UTC 2009

We made good progress with unfs3 integration using booster model. GlusterFS
and unfs3 (modified version) will run in single address space using booster library.
This feature is scheduled for 2.1. We will try to have a pre-release available
soon (in weeks). GlusterFS v2.2 will have a native NFS protocol translator.

iSCSI exporting requires mmap support. You can create image files and losetup them
as devices. Then it will be possible to export as iSCSI volumes. We just fixed
a bug that caused poor mmap write performance. Work is on the way. We will keep
you updated.

--
Anand Babu Periasamy
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31