[Gluster-users] Gluster configuration NUFA+AFR+distibuted

Daniel Maher dma+gluster at witbe.net
Tue Jan 27 15:23:07 UTC 2009

Kirill V. Borodin wrote:

> This is distributed+replicate mechanism. How can I combine it with NUFA
> or change replicate mech. to AFR? And what difference betwen AFR and
> replicate? Will it work fine, or there is more easy way to have
> distibuted storage in more than 100 nodes where each two of them
> replicated?

"Replicate" is the new name of "AFR" - i suppose that we should all
start saying Replicate instead of AFR from now on, in order to avoid
confusion. :)

There's an option for Replicated called "read-subvolume" which may be
interesting to you :
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Understanding_AFR_Translator#General_options
"*  read-subvolume (default: none)
The value of this option must be the name of a subvolume. If given, all
read operations are sent to only the specified subvolume, instead of
being balanced across all subvolumes."

As for an "easy way", i suppose that's relative.  I'm no Gluster guru by
any means - hopefully somebody else with a better understanding of
large-scale implementations of Gluster can offer some advice !

--
Daniel Maher <dma+gluster AT witbe DOT net>