[Gluster-users] Gluster configuration NUFA+AFR+distibuted

Kirill V. Borodin kirill at post.km.ru
Tue Jan 27 13:54:55 UTC 2009

Hello, Daniel!

I need only 2 uniq nodes to be affected with AFR (or replicate?), 4
servers = 2+2 AFR nodes, if one of them down, ther will be no data-loss,
one of you'r examples:

[..]
volume replicate1
type cluster/replicate
subvolumes remote1 remote2
end-volume

volume replicate2
type cluster/replicate
subvolumes remote3 remote4
end-volume

volume replicate3
..
volume replicateN

volume distribute
type cluster/distribute
subvolumes replicate1 replicate2 replicate3 replicate4 replicate5
replicate6 .. replicateN
end-volume
[..]

This is distributed+replicate mechanism. How can I combine it with NUFA
or change replicate mech. to AFR? And what difference betwen AFR and
replicate? Will it work fine, or there is more easy way to have
distibuted storage in more than 100 nodes where each two of them
replicated?

Thanks for your answers.