[Gluster-users] Email storage backend for Sendmail, Maildir, and Courier-imap

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Thu Jan 22 08:58:20 UTC 2009

we ran into this problem.
it seems related to timestamps being off by microseconds.
when someone would check their email on one machine, then hit another
whose time was off by even microseconds, it would think all the
messages are suddenly new or different from ones it's checked.

my guess is this problem doesn't exist in 2.0 because of the way it
manages timestamps on files in HA.

However, I can't tell you for sure, since we switched to dovecot
which tracks messages by message id instead of timestamps and is also
much more efficient.

hope that helps.