[Gluster-users] Problem with default volume file

Pascal Charest pascal.charest at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 20:45:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

Yeah, this is a documentation error for which I would almost feel bad to
submit a patch (take as long to apply than to redo).

What was meant in the help file is :

/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol is the default volume file for glusterfs
(client process)
and
/etc/glusterfs/glusterfsd.vol is the default volume file for glusterfsd
(server process).

Those would be the correct value. In fact, the "true" value would be
$PREFIX/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol & $PREFIX/etc/glusterfs/glusterfsd.vol -
but this is modified in  the configuration process.

Pascal

--
Pascal Charest, Free software consultant {GNU/Linux}
http://blog.pacharest.com