[Gluster-users] Problem with default volume file

Filipe Maia filipe at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Jan 15 12:36:21 UTC 2009

Hi,

In glusterfs 2.0.0rc1 when I run glusterfsd --help it says:

  -f, --volfile=VOLFILE      File to use as VOLUME_FILE [default:
                             /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol or
                             /etc/glusterfs/glusterfsd.vol]

But if I then run glusterfsd and only have a
/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol it returns with:

donatello:~# glusterfsd
/etc/glusterfs/glusterfsd.vol: No such file or directory
Try `glusterfsd --help' or `glusterfsd --usage' for more information

Changing the file from /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol to
/etc/glusterfs/glusterfsd.vol solves the problem.

Filipe