[Gluster-users] tailing active files

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Wed Jan 14 08:53:42 UTC 2009

> what do the gluster mods do?
> as I understood it, it added posix locking.  is this still not supported by
> the default fuse?
> what are the other improvements?

it adds flock() support, O_DIRECT open mode support and some
performance enhancments.

> it'd be ideal if we could use the standard fuse, but if it doesn't do what
> needs doing, then it's obviously a problem.

I plan to (from a long time, actually :) submit the patch in a more
acceptable form to the mainstream fuse. There are a few hurdles, like,
the flock() support is not 100% compliant (works for practically all
the cases) and O_DIRECT mode support is only in open but not
modifiable through fcntl(). I will try resubmiting the patch again
since I was seeing O_DIRECT support request on the fuse-devel list by
other users recently.

avati