[Gluster-users] glusterfs alternative ? :P

Stas Oskin stas.oskin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 13:13:35 UTC 2009

Also, about kernel patches, it seems there are a pre-build RPM's, which
allow an easy installation:

http://downloads.lustre.org/

In my opinion, The main benefit of Lustre, when compared to GlusterFS, is
the transparent HA of data (distribution done behind the scenes), addition
and removal of nodes (don't know if they support data rebalancing - KosmosFS
does), and management.

GlusterFS of course major points are complete meta-data dispersion, which
prevents a single point of failure, and very easy start (just install and
get it running).

Regards.