[Gluster-users] cloud config with multiple internal drives

Raghavendra G raghavendra at zresearch.com
Mon Feb 9 05:34:02 UTC 2009

Hi Craig,

please find the comments inlined.

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Craig Flockhart
<craig.flockhart at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to come up with a working configuration for some machines as
> follows:
> - each is a client and a server and can see all the other nodes' storage
> and its own
> - each has 4 identical hard drives
> - replication (one or possibly two replicas)
> - high availability (continues to function if one replicated node of a pair
> goes down)

Replication implicitly also provides High availability. High availability
may be needed in the presence of replication in any of the following cases:
1. replication is being provided on server side instead of having replicate
on client.
2. each server has multiple network links. High availability is useful in
this scenario if there are any problems in the network, but the server
process keeps running without any problems.

> It's something like the example configuration with NUFA/unify, but with
> replication across nodes and HA too.
>
> Any suggested configuration? Just a general explanation of the setup is
> fine.
> All my efforts so far have resulted in error messages about dht anomalies
> with "holes=1, overlaps=1" in the logs. I'm using 2.0.0rc1.

An example configuration might be (nufa/unify)->afr->(optional HA)->client
<->  server

> thanks!
> Craig

regards,