[Gluster-users] glusterFS memory leak?

Larry Bates larry.bates at vitalesafe.com
Thu Dec 24 01:08:01 UTC 2009

I restarted the mirror and once again the glusterfs client process is just
growing.  Echoing the 3 to /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches eems to shriink the memory
footprint but only by a small amount.

BTW - it is the client process that seems to grow infinitely.  Note: I have one
machine that is acting as both a client and a server (which is where the client
process is growing) and another machine that is a dedicated GFS server.

Here are my configs:

Client:

#

# Add client feature and attach to remote subvolumes of gfs001

#

volume gfs001brick1

  type protocol/client

  option transport-type tcp            # for TCP/IP transport

  option remote-host gfs001            # IP address of the remote volume

  option remote-subvolume vol1         # name of the remote volume

  #option transport.socket.nodelay on   # undocumented option for speed

end-volume

volume gfs001brick2

  type protocol/client

  option transport-type tcp            # for TCP/IP transport

  option remote-host gfs001            # IP address of the remote volume

  option remote-subvolume vol2         # name of the remote volume

  #option transport.socket.nodelay on   # undocumented option for speed

end-volume

volume coraidbrick13

  type protocol/client

  option transport-type tcp

  option remote-host 10.0.0.71

  option remote-subvolume coraidvol13

  #option transport.socket.nodelay on

end-volume

volume coraidbrick14

  type protocol/client

  option transport-type tcp

  option remote-host 10.0.0.71

  option remote-subvolume coraidvol14

  #option transport.socket.nodelay on

end-volume

#

# Replicate volumes

#

volume afr-vol1

  type cluster/replicate

  subvolumes gfs001brick1 coraidbrick13

end-volume

volume afr-vol2

  type cluster/replicate

  subvolumes gfs001brick2 coraidbrick14

end-volume

#

# Distribute files across bricks

#

volume dht-vol

  type cluster/distribute

  subvolumes afr-vol1 afr-vol2

  option min-free-disk 2%               # 2% of 1.8Tb volumes is 36Gb

end-volume

#

# Add quick-read for small files

#

volume quickread

  type performance/quick-read

  option cache-timeout 1         # default 1 second

  option max-file-size 256KB     # default 64Kb

  subvolumes dht-vol

end-volume

Server:

volume coraidbrick13

  type storage/posix                          # POSIX FS translator

  option directory /mnt/glusterfs/e101.13     # Export this directory

  option background-unlink yes                # unlink in background

end-volume

volume coraidbrick14

  type storage/posix

  option directory /mnt/glusterfs/e101.14

  option background-unlink yes

end-volume

volume iot1

  type performance/io-threads

  option thread-count 4

  subvolumes coraidbrick13

end-volume

volume iot2

  type performance/io-threads

  option thread-count 4

  subvolumes coraidbrick14

end-volume

volume coraidvol13

  type features/locks

  subvolumes iot1

end-volume

volume coraidvol14

  type features/locks

  subvolumes iot2

end-volume

## Add network serving capability to volumes

volume server

  type protocol/server

  option transport-type tcp                    # For TCP/IP transport

  subvolumes coraidvol13 coraidvol14           # Expose both volumes

  option auth.addr.coraidvol13.allow 10.0.0.*

  option auth.addr.coraidvol14.allow 10.0.0.*

end-volume

Thanks,

Larry