[Gluster-users] How files are synchronized

Tejas N. Bhise tejas at gluster.com
Wed Dec 23 17:22:16 UTC 2009

Hello Yan,

Welcome to Gluster community. I would suggest to try the 3.0 product for a better replication experience. There is code in there that makes it faster. Also, rebuilding of replica site is an exceptional condition and does not happen all the time. When it does happen, it can slow access temporarily. This can be considered as something akin to rebuidling a disk which also slows down access temporarily.

Please try 3.0 product with your use cases and let us know about your experience. We would like to work with you to make sure you can use this product for your use case as we think it should work well for you once the  initial problems are sorted out.

Regards,
Tejas