[Gluster-users] AFR not working

Adrian Revill adrian.revill at shazamteam.com
Wed Dec 23 17:01:48 UTC 2009

I have just tried a re-sync of many GB using the ls -lR and the ls -lR
is hanging while the sync happens.
In the release notes for 3.0.0 is says

In GlusterFS 2.0.x, if self-healing is required e.g. when a failed
Replicate server recovered,
the first I/O command executed after recovery, such as a 'ls -l', that
triggered the self-healing
would block until the self-heal operation completed. With v3.0,
self-healing is now done in
the background. Commands that can trigger self-healing will thus appear
more responsive
resulting in a better user experience. Replicated VM images also benefit
from this because
they can continue to run even while the image is self-healed on a failed
server.

Do i need to configure anything to get this behaviour?