[Gluster-users] Recommended GlusterFS configuration for 6 node cluster

phil cryer phil at cryer.us
Thu Dec 17 06:18:54 UTC 2009

We're setting up 6 servers, each with 24 x 1.5TB drives, the systems
will run Debian testing and Gluster 3.x.  The SATA RAID card offers
RAID5 and RAID6, we're wondering what the optimum setup would be for
this configuration.  Do we RAID5 the disks, and have GlusterFS use
them that way, or do we keep them all 'raw' and have GlusterFS handle
the replication (though not 2x as we would have with the RAID
options)?  Obviously a lot of ways to do this, just wondering what
GlusterFS devs and other experienced users would recommend.

Thanks

http://philcryer.com