[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.0 Release

Anand Babu Periasamy ab at gluster.com
Wed Dec 9 12:00:23 UTC 2009

Finally Gluster v3.0 release happened on schedule. Community played a crucial role in
helping Gluster mature to this stage. v3.0 is a major mile stone achieved for all of us.
Starting from this release, Gluster has transformed itself into a clustered storage
platform, entirely manageable through web GUI. Its rated [E] for everyone!. No sys admin
skills required, no need for EMC or Cisco certification.

Heart of Gluster Platform is the GlusterFS v3 file system. Administrators can use Gluster
Platform on the storage server side (on bare metal hardware) and use GlusterFS native
mounting or NFS or CIFS or WebDAV on the client side.

If you are hacker, you like command line interface and dark consoles, GlusterFS v3 can be
used independently (just as you did before) on a regular POSIX compatible 64bit operating
system. Can we rate it as [A] for Administrators only ;).

Gluster Platform v3 Release Notes:
http://ftp.gluster.com/pub/gluster/gluster-platform/3.0/Gluster-Storage-Platform-3.0-Release-Notes.pdf

Gluster Filesystem v3 Release Notes:
http://ftp.gluster.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.0/LATEST/GlusterFS-3.0.0-Release-Notes.pdf

Download Link: http://www.gluster.org/download/

If you are already using Gluster, please help strengthen our community by leaving your
mark on [Who is using Gluster] page. http://www.gluster.com/community/whoisusing.php

Happy Hacking!
--
Gluster Team