[Gluster-users] Adding bricks to DHT

Roland Rabben roland at jotta.no
Sun Dec 6 16:28:35 UTC 2009

Hi
I have a GlusterFS DHT system that I need to expand in a few days. Reading
up on the documentation it seems to me that adding bricks won't solve our
problem because of how the hash works.
I have a fairly static folder structure, but the number of files are growing
fast. From what I understand, adding bricks will not allow new files to be
stored on the new bricks unless they are stored in new directories.

So my questions are:
1. How can I make sure the new bricks are used?
2. Is there a way to "rebalance" content over the new and old bricks?

I can't tolerate much downtime on my FS.

I am using GlusterFS 2.06.

Regards
Roland Rabben