[Gluster-users] concern about lack of answers

Pablo Godel pablo.godel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 06:49:52 UTC 2009

Sal,

I've been involved in open source for many many years (about 15). I know how
it works. I also live and eat thanks to open source. I devote a considerable
amount of my time to support open source projects, mainly because I want to
give something back.

I am very interested in glusterfs. I think it is a great idea and has a lot
of future and potential. But if a product is called it self open source and
has a community around it is very important that those that know how it
works take the time to lead those newcomers. Otherwise it will not grow and
it is possible that it will not come to be what it could. You probably know
WordPress, and PHP. These are huge open source projects that have great
communities behind them. Without these communities they would not be the
success they are today. If I made the comment about the lack of response is
because I care and because I think there is a lot of potential and would
hate to see it fail. If I would not care, I would just unsubscribe and move
on.

I am not asking anyone to work for free for me. If glusterfs proves to work
for my requirements, I will most probably look into a subscription. Right
now, even the lowest level is a bit too expensive if we are not sure if it
will work for us.

Anand,

I appreciate your response. I look forward to the future of glusterfs.

regards,
Pablo