[Gluster-users] concern about lack of answers

sal poliandro popsikle at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 02:30:36 UTC 2009

You get what you pay for?  Try the 30 day trial for support until you
are comfortable enough admining it on your own.  These guys need to
put bread on their table to you know...

That said, compared to the DRBD support team the gluster team actually
does try and support the free editions as much as possible.  When I
first started using gluster (it was still in beta, and im still using
that install on a few servers) having them even on the list to point
out little things was a benefit I didn't find with most other OS
projects.  If they take a little while to get back to you, but you
don't have to pay for it, it just means you have to get used to
everything before you put it in production.  You need to spend the
time tinkering so they can spend the time doing what they need to do.

Free as in speech, not as in beer...

Sal

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Pablo Godel <pablo.godel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been testing glusterfs for a couple of weeks now. It's been running
> fine, it is really cool.
>
> My main concern is the lack of answers in this mailing list, which AFAIK, it
> is the main channel to get support other than paying for the subscriptions.
>
> I sent a couple of questions. First it took days for the moderator to
> approve it, then I got nothing. I also saw many other good and interesting
> questions with no answers. Why?
>
> If glusterfs wants to become a serious option, it needs better community
> support.
>
> Best regards,
> Pablo Godel

Salvatore "Popsikle" Poliandro