[Gluster-users] Gluster 2.x + NX Server

Ian Kelley ian.kelley at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 00:20:53 UTC 2009

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the quick response.

It is an Auto Replication from the Client to two remote servers.  I have the Gluster Partition mounted as /cust/home (where user directories are).

As far as I know, the NX client connects to the NX Server as user nx (local user on machine) and then it suids to the real user who logged in, and runs in their home directory.

However, when I use the Gluster Partition for the home directories, I never get the application running (even a simple /usr/bin/xeyes).  When using /home/ (localFS) it works fine.

I really don't know where to go from here.  Is GlusterFS somehow "seen" differently from the OS in some way that would make it not work this way.  I don't see anything useful in the logs.  I have turned on GlusterFS in debug mode, but don't see anything.

How goes Gluster deal with permissions and ownership, since it is distributed?  Perhaps the problem is somewhere there?

Thanks!

-Ian
----------------------------------

I mounted (Gluster v2.0.8) via:
  /usr/sbin/glusterfs -f /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol /cust/home

My glusterfs.vol looks like this:

volume remote1
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp