[Gluster-users] glusterfs and samba (file-max limit reached)

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Tue Apr 28 08:03:32 UTC 2009

Recently a gluster I setup got mounted on a server that exports it
through samba. It appears to work till a point. Unexpectedly on heavy
usage the nodes happen to reach the max file descriptors opened limit
really easily.

Anybody else has experience on it? Is that kind of usage supported.

currently one node seems to have surpassed about 3M open files even if
the samba server claims to have about 75k files currently opened.

I'm using a recent gluster snapshot from git.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member