[Gluster-users] NUFA: some questions

Roberto Franchini ro.franchini at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 21:26:52 UTC 2009

Hi to all,
I'm going to install gluster over a cluster of 5 machine. Each machine
is  a quad Xeon, 8G ram and 2x750GB (1,5T in raid 0, XFS) over a
gigabit connection. OS is ubuntu.server 8.04. I can update to the new
9.04, if it helps.
We want to use it in a NUFA installation.
So, the questions:
-how the disk space will be used? Will the cluster address 6,5TB? I
think it will be less, but I can't find that info into the docs.
-we are going to use this cluster to index (whit a lucene-based
pipeline) milions of little files: we have big indexes files and
milions of little files. I've read about the bdb backend: is it
suitable for the NUFA?
Thanks in advance,
Roberto
--