[Gluster-users] upgrading from 1.3.10 to 2.0.0rc7

Matthew Wilkins daibutsu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 23:11:45 UTC 2009

>> 3. One of my servers has two bricks.  The nufa example at
>> http://gluster.org/docs/index.php/NUFA_with_single_process
>> doesn't show me what to do.  It has two examples; the first when each node
>> has one brick, and another where nodes have more than one brick but
>> nufa is not used, rather unify.  So how can I used the nufa translator
>> when one or more nodes contribute more than one brick?  I was thinking
>> something like a server side unify, then nufa on top, but I'm not sure
>> of the syntax.  If it isn't possible it isn't the end of the world
>> (the second brick isn't that big).
>
> export each brick separately and have the client protocols corresponding to
> each of the exported brick as children of nufa.

just in case anyone searches the archives in the future and wants to know
what the above means with an example here we go:

on the first server which has two bricks the config is:

volume posix0
 type storage/posix
 option directory /export/brick0
end-volume

volume locks0
 type features/locks
 subvolumes posix0
end-volume

volume brick0
 type performance/io-threads
 subvolumes locks0
end-volume

volume posix1
 type storage/posix
 option directory /export/brick1
end-volume

volume locks1
 type features/locks
 subvolumes posix1
end-volume

volume brick1
 type performance/io-threads
 subvolumes locks1
end-volume

volume server
 type protocol/server
 option transport-type tcp
 option auth.addr.brick0.allow *
 option auth.addr.brick1.allow *
 subvolumes brick0 brick1
end-volume

volume mu-rhdev1-0
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host mu-rhdev1
 option remote-subvolume brick0
end-volume

volume mu-rhdev1-1
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host mu-rhdev1
 option remote-subvolume brick1
end-volume

 volume mu-rhdev2-0
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host mu-rhdev2
 option remote-subvolume brick0
end-volume

volume nufa
  type cluster/nufa
  option local-volume-name `hostname`-0
  subvolumes mu-rhdev1-0 mu-rhdev1-1 mu-rhdev2-0
end-volume

and on the second server which only has one brick:

volume posix0
 type storage/posix
 option directory /export/brick0
end-volume