[Gluster-users] deployment

Paolo Supino paolo.supino at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 11:25:11 UTC 2008

Hi Keith

  There's a section on the website that gives the configuration for a
unify/AFR but doesn't say whether AFR goes above or below unify. At the
moment I don't need the whole 2TB and I can live with half of it, but I
might down the road need the extra space. If and when that happens is it
possible to break the unify/AFR and move everything to only unify without
deleting data (not that will be an obstacle, see below)?
  Can anyone answer the question: does AFR goes above or below unify?

  I don't think that the data stored on the gluster volume will be mission
critical: it 's genomic data that is being processed on the cluster. I think
that the worst case scenario in case of brick loss will be that a few hours
of processing will be lost.

--
TIA
Paolo