[Gluster-users] Looking for configuration suggestions

Matt Lawrence matt.lawrence at tamu.edu
Sun Oct 26 18:11:52 UTC 2008

I am in the process of completely overhauling the storage setup here and
plan to go to glusterfs.

The storage involved is 8x Coraid units, 2x JetStor and a Dell MD3000.
The Coraid and JetStor are network connected via ATA over Ethernet &
iSCSI.  The disks are also being upgraded to 1TB in the process.  I do
plan to use unify to bring most if not all the storage together.

My first question is that since these units are over 12TB after being
RAIDed, should I divide them up into smaller bricks or just use the
entire 12TB+ as one brick?

What other things should I consider?

Thanks for the help!

-- Matt