[Gluster-users] gluster over infiniband....

Amar Tumballi (bulde) amar at gluster.com
Fri Oct 24 17:05:13 UTC 2008

There is a option (in both client protocol volume and server protocol
volume)

       option ib-verbs-port <n> (default 1)
       option ib-verbs-device-name <device-name> (first device in the list)

check with 'bash# ibv_devinfo' about what device you want to use.

Regards,
Amar

2008/10/24 Mark True <Mtrue at raidinc.com>

>  Hey guys,
>

> I am somewhat new to infiniband so this question is Gluster related but not
> entirely limited to gluster.  When you have more than one infiniband card in
> your system, and you start gluster how do you tell it which fabric to
> participate in?
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> --Mark T.
>

> Best,
>
> Mark F. True
>

> Mark F. True
> RAID Inc.
> 5 Branch Street, 2nd Floor
> Methuen, MA 01844
> Direct (800) 330-7335 x161
> Cell (978) 886-2184
> mtrue at raidinc.com
>

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
> addressed. This communication may contain material protected by Corporate
> Trade Secrets. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
> responsible for delivering the e-mail for the intended recipient, be advised
> that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination,
> forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If
> you believe you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
> notify RAID, Inc. by telephone at 978-683-6444.

Amar Tumballi
Gluster/GlusterFS Hacker
[bulde on #gluster/irc.gnu.org]
http://www.zresearch.com - Commoditizing Super Storage!