[Gluster-users] GlusterFS compared to KosmosFS (now called cloudstore)?

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Tue Oct 21 21:41:49 UTC 2008

At 08:03 AM 10/21/2008, Stas Oskin wrote:
>Hi.
>
>Just to clarify the matter for me, doesn't GlusterFS requires
>updating config files & restarting on all servers, so these could be
>aware each of another?
>
>Or it's actually the clients' job to communicate with different
>servers and store the files?
>Btw, this brings me to another question: how much resource the
>clients require? Can they be on app servers, or they need a
>dedicated machines for them own?

this is interesting.. what might be nice for a future version is:
if a client pulls its config from a server, it should auto-update
itself if the server is updated with a new client config.  that'd
solve a lot of the "do I have to restart" concerns.

Although that issue still remains in the servers, but I think that's
a 1.5 roadmap feature.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to use the -O remount feature when
necessary, if it can't automagically refigure itself out.