[Gluster-users] How to debug unify self-heal ?

Will Rouesnel electricitylikesme at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 03:36:57 UTC 2008

Periodically on my gluster setup, unify will fail to display the files that
are some of the bricks. The only way I've found to correct this is to delete
the containing directory from the glusterfs mount and then recopy it through
the glusterfs mount.

The files on the bricks themselves are fine and if I access them directly
they are perfectly usable.

What I can't work out, is what property of the files comes up that causes
this behavior from unify. I'm not using AFR, and if I try to directly access
the files then the unify log will generate an error indicating it found the
file on the brick but not in the namespace. However if I list the contents
of the directory, the file does not show up.

 - Will