[Gluster-users] AFR recovery question

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Thu Oct 9 13:21:53 UTC 2008

I have 2 servers that AFR eachother.

one of them suffered a drive failure and is being rebuilt.

the question is.  What will happen if I just mount the empty drive
back as the AFR node.

will it just start grabbing the data from the other server (which is
exactly what I want), OR
will it start deleting the data from the other server (which is terribly bad).

Another thought was to, on the current working server with good data,
disable the remote afr node from it's config (so it's only using AFR
on itself), and then leave the other machines config as is, and turn it on.
This way I can be sure that the node with the data wont go nuts and
start deleting, but that updates to it will get replicated to the
other machine.

this particular set is running 1.4pre5 if that changes the answer.

Thanks,
Keith