[Gluster-users] Gluster on Thumper

a s p a s i a aspasia.sf at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 23:38:19 UTC 2008

Hello all,

Am newbie to opensolaris and SUN HW; am curious and considering the
Thumper 4540/ZFS/Gluster/Unify solution to provide cluster file system
services to a bunch of clients ...

question is -

1.  Has anyone deployed this in production?  if so, what type of
application environment is this appropriate for - ie., large seq IO -
like rendering, HPC; how appropriate is it for random and small files?

2.  Can anyone point me to any links that could give me some idea of
the ideal architecture where this technology is deployed?

Is there an entry level configuration that one can grow into as
environment grows, YET maintain a simplified level of administration
(ie., still have single namespace, no mount map problems, etc.)?

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Best,

aspasia.