[Gluster-users] MORE AFR problems with 1.4qa63

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Mon Nov 24 17:46:30 UTC 2008

I'm also noticing a problem with file times using AFR

it seems that the file times get set to the time the file was AFR'ed
to the other server.
the file times should (and used to as far as I recall) be set to the
time from the server the files is originating.

here's what happens.
we have a process which modifies a file at 1:17 on server1
this file get's AFR'ed to server 2, but it takes some time and the
file gets there at 1:18

so, the process which updated the file knows it was updated at 1:17,
it now connects to the other server and sees that the file there is
newer than it thinks it should be so it raises an error.

Also, I believe this is part of the problem with what I'm currently
getting, which are a bunch of Input/Output errors from gluster itself.
the error logs look like this:
[afr-self-heal-data.c:767:afr_sh_data_fix] home: Unable to resolve
conflicting data of /XYZ/public_html/brokenfile. Please resolve
manually by deleting the file /XYZ/public_html/brokenfile from all
but the preferred subvolume
[fuse-bridge.c:605:fuse_fd_cbk] glusterfs-fuse: 3013026: OPEN()
/XYZ/public_html/brokenfile => -1 (Input/output error)

the frustration is that in these cases both servers are on and active
and working yet, gluster seems to be causing it's own
problems.  Again, I believe it's dues to the timestamps on the
underlying filesystem not being what is expected.