[Gluster-users] Mount point problem

Matt Lawrence matt.lawrence at tamu.edu
Sat Nov 22 22:35:53 UTC 2008

I just had to deal with a situation where a glusterfs filesystem would
not mount because someone had managed to create some files and
directories under the mount point.  Perhaps this behavior is
intentional, but I would prefer that it work like NFS and just
overmount.  When bringing a cluster down and back up, it is quite
possible for overeager users to log in and start working before
everything is up.

In addition the error message was unhelpful:

-bash-3.2# glusterfs --server fs01 /data --volume-name=data
glusterfs: could not open specfile

-- Matt